Friday, January 19, 2007

SleepWalking

I've been strung out over three days barely able to sleep. Last night as i was to slip into a fragile slumber I was disturbed at 3 in the morning by screams and thumps arising from the crazy dysfunctional jewish couple living next door. To drown out the hostility and possible hand to hand combant occuring on the other side of the wall, I spent the next four hours reading DRY by Augesten Burroughs cover to cover before bounding out of bed, into the shower, through my wardrobe and out the door at 7:45am with some sort of crazy energy. Must have been all those Tylenol day time I had when i was in shower. Was first in the office and in an immensely productive and chipper state, and started doing the rounds making sure everything was ship shape. More Tylenol then Tylenol severe got me through the emails and research proposals and teaching preparations in a frantic haze. I find myself alone at 9 in the evening and home at 10 absolutely exhausted but unable to sleep. Fortunately, a giant sturdy and smarmy fairy was able to be called upon to provide me with ambien. And so he did, and thanks to my rather acute state of insonmia, the meds have taken on a rather strange, hallucinogenic effect. I have Nicole Kidman's hair writhing at me from the cover of W magazine. The letters in this bloody blog window keep dancing round in a circle. i long for such adventures of the hallucinating kind. but i fear bed shall beckon.

2 comments:

cloudcontrol said...

Honey, it's not hte ambien, it's called sleep dep. Lucky you didn't have fur coat (made of furry caterpillars) on...

Evol Kween said...

IT aint' the drugs, Nicole Kidman's is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!