Saturday, October 21, 2006

In a New York state of Mind

So its 2:20AM and ive spent the evening having drinks and catching up with one of my best friends from school anja. The evening itself was nice enough but what was absolutely amazing was the cab ride home. I caught a cab on the corner of Greenwich and Spring and we drove uptown via 8th avenue, passing through Chelsea and Hells Kitchen. Then we hung a right at 65th street, crossing Central Park in all its night-time glory with a spectacular view of midtown on my right. We then took a left on madison, driving through all the high end boutiques *le sigh* up till 74th street, where I instructed the cabdriver to drop me off. Walking east towards my apartment I couldn't help thinking about how much I absolutely adore New York. I really can't imagine being anywhere else in the world right now.

1 comment:

Evol Kween said...

Glad your NEW home (or not so new after two years!) feels like home!

I'll still be 'round before Xmas so we'll catch up for drinzies and din dins when you get here.

Unfortuntaley we're staying on the West coast while we're in the US, so I'll have to visit you in NY next time!