Thursday, August 16, 2007

Like Sands Through The Hourglass...

Ok, it's been a while since I've written about my life and where I'm at and I'm sure everybody is dying to know. Well, that is, everybody who hasn't been chatting to me on instant messenger on a daily basis. So here goes:

After spending a rather decadent couple of weeks traveling to London and Barcelona with the ever delightful Johnny I arrived back in New York a little bit worse for wear and in a rather precarious financial state (two pairs of Comme des Garcons pants, a Thom Browne shirt and an exquisite Prada bag will do that to you). Fortunately, in addition to securing an instructor position for the second half of the summer teaching an intensive 6 week course in statistics, I was able,thanks to Josh, to find gainful employment as a statistical analyst for a relatively small hedge fund for the rest of the summer. So the past few weeks have been rather hectic, getting up early to teach morning classes and then dashing up town to the fund to work. The good news is that I'm done with the teaching, half of my debts have been paid off and I'm well on my way to eliminating the rest of it. That is, of course if I can resist buying that gorgeous Prada coat I tried on over the weekend. Le sigh indeed.

Another good thing to report is that I've been out and dating and not resorting to my usual schtick of being a sexual or romantic recluse because I hate being rejected. It's hard though, managing my own expectations, not wanting to want too much or too little. But I guess thats the name of the game. Hopefully a suitable gentleman will come along soon.

1 comment:

cloudcontrol said...

heheh good for you! To quote Ian 'turps' Turpie, "You gotta be in it to win it!"

(just remember, diapers are expensive, but bulky. Go instead for the coffee and meat aisles)